Child Recovery Program
Since 1985, the Missing Children’s Network provides frontline services to families whose child has disappeared.
We intervene in all types of disappearances (parental abductions, runaways, criminal abductions, as well as those of unknown circumstances).
With every new case that we register, our experienced Case Workers:
- Meet with families to reassure them and at the same obtaining all relevant information pertaining to their missing child;
- Stimulate the investigation by searching for clues, gathering pertinent information and ensuring the proper follow-ups;
- Provide families with advice and emotional support, as well as facilitating the reunification process.
- Act as a liaison between the parents and the police;
- Produce and distribute search notices throughout our vast network of partners, at the local, national and international levels;
- Partner with the Montreal Police Service, the Sûreté du Québec and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, as well as collaborating with our media contacts upon the issuance of an AMBER Alert;
Since 1985, the Missing Children’s Network has supported or assisted parents, police forces or other members of our network of partners, in the resolution of over 1,700 cases of missing children.