Keeping Hope Alive
International Missing Children’s Day
The theme for this year’s Missing Children’s Month was Forget-Me-Not.
Throughout the entire month of May, the Missing Children’s Network worked diligently to raise awareness about the plight of missing children and sensitize the public about the importance of keeping children safe in today’s digital world.
Every week, we featured on our social media platforms heartfelt messages of hope by searching families, practical safety tips, inspiring interviews with key partners, long-term missing children cases and published our annual poster featuring 12 unresolved missing children cases. As well, we launched, Forget-Me-Not, an important awareness campaign aimed at ensuring that missing children are never forgotten.
On May 25th, National Missing Children’s Day, we gathered virtually with families for a very special and intimate evening of hope.
We would like to thank all those who helped make this year’s National Missing Children’s Month another memorable occasion:
- Victoria Charlton, Honorary Godmother of missing children, shared a special message saluting the courage and resilience of families on social media;
- Lieutenant Detective François Petit of the Major Crimes Division of Montreal Police; Constable Yelena Handy of the RCMP and Sergeant Detective Patrick Berthelot of the SQ for sharing their personal thoughts in investigating cases of missing children and the key role partnerships play in resolving these cases;
- Métro Média, who graciously published our Forget-Me-Not campaign in all their weekly newspapers, including a full-page ad in Journal Métro;
- Global Montreal who once again aired a rollcall of all our missing children cases following their newscasts;
- Media partners and friends: Jérémie Bernier of Journal de Québec; Jean-François Guérin of LCN; Laura Casella of Global Montreal; Sabrina Marandola, host of CBC’s Let’s Go; Paul Graif of 1037 and Brittany Henriques of City Montreal for giving missing children a resounding voice; and
- Over 1,000 of our followers who shared our annual poster on social media!
You have all honoured missing children and provided their families with renewed hope. For that, we are forever in your debt.