Gratitude makes us feel bursting with delight, just to remember the gifts we have received. Thus we are doubly blessed when we receive something–for the gift itself and later, in recall, for the miracle of having been given it.
As 2019 slowly draws to an end, our thoughts turn with deep gratitude towards all our generous friends, supporters and partners for the pivotal role you have played in our successes over the past year.
Never forget that without you, the Missing Children’s Network would simply not exist. This year, thanks to your support and generosity, we successfully implemented several new initiatives that include the following:
• Assist law enforcement in the recovery of 112 missing children;
• Increase the personal safety of 15,097 students through the deployment of SHINE and How I Stay Safe workshops;
• Translate the contents of our safety workshops in Innu, Cree, Mohawk and Inuktitut, thus making SHINE accessible to vulnerable youth from these communities;
• Create an on-line safety activity quiz to accompany the e-book, Juliet and Jacob Stay Safe;
• Enable over 5,000 families to create and store an electronic profile of their child via our Sign4l APP;
• Commemorate National Missing Children’s Day by planting two oak trees in honour of all missing children;
• Implement important awareness campaigns for unresolved missing children cases by partnering with MSN Quebec, Total Logistics Group of Companies, Montreal Alouettes, STM and CIBC;
• Collaborate with l’Association des Familles de Personnes Assassinées et Disparus, in the publication of Revenir à l’école après un drame – guide d’accompagnement;
• Advocate for and raise awareness of issues relating to missing and exploited children by granting 100 interviews to various media outlets;
• Continue to bring hope to missing and exploited children each and every day.
From the bottom of our hearts, we sincerely thank you for embracing our cause! Your generosity is our stronghold and our beacon, guiding and empowering us to continue our quest in bringing missing children safely back home to their families, as well as developing and implementing innovative safety programs devoted to the protection of all children.
From our home to yours, we wish you all a truly Joyous Holiday Season, filled with happiness, good health and peace.
The Missing Children’s Network